Wyoming Board of Architects and Landscape Architects

Frequently Asked Questions

Below are questions frequently asked of the Board office and their answers:

Licensing Questions:

Q: Does Wyoming require licensure for firms?

A. No, Wyoming ONLY licenses individuals. If you need to register your business in the State, please contact the Wyoming Secretary of State's office.

Q: Where can I get a Wyoming seal for my Architect or Landscape Architect license?

A. The specifications for seals can be found in Chapter 9 of the Rules and Regulations. The board cannot endorse a business to supply your seal, but when you order one, please be sure you have the appropriate license(s) for the seal you are using.

Q: What is the difference between an engineer and architect?

A: Professional Engineers, Land Surveyors, Geologists, Architects, and Landscape Architects: How do you tell the professions apart?

The Wyoming Board of Architects and Landscape Architects is staffed through the Professional Licensing Boards Office, a division of A&I.

General Correspondence Questions

Q: What is the fastest way to get an answer from Board staff?

A: E-mail is the quickest form of communication with the Board staff. For general questions or licensing questions, please e-mail jason.brock1@wyo.gov.

Q: Can I pay over the phone for anything?

A: At this time, we do not have the ability to take credit or debit card payments over the phone or in the board office.

Q: I live in Cheyenne; can I bring in my application, documents or payment?

A: Of course! Our hours are Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm. If you need to talk to Board staff, please call ahead to make sure we will be in the office when you arrive. Please be aware the Board office will NOT accept cash.

Q: Who do I make my check, cashier’s check or money order out to?

A: The State of Wyoming or the Wyoming Board of Architects and Landscape Architects.

Q: Where do I mail my application or request forms?

A: The address to our office can be found on the contact us page. It also is on top of every application and form.

Q: I moved. How can I change my address with the Board?

A: All address changes must be received in writing. You can email your new address to jason.brock1@wyo.gov.

Q: I need lists of all the architects and/or landscape architects that are licensed by Wyoming. What do I do?

A: We have a roster request form available on our website. Additionally, we will take a written request.

General Application/License Questions

Q: What is considered proof of legal presence?

A: Most commonly, proof of legal presence is a COPY of your social security card, passport, or state issued birth certificate. Driver’s licenses and hospital issued birth certificates are not accepted.

Q: I got married or divorced recently and changed my last name. What do I need to do with the Board office?

A: We have a name change request form on the forms page of the website. We also can accept a written request. You will need to include the legal document that allowed for the name change. This generally is a copy of your marriage license of divorce decree.

Q: How can I get a new wall certificate and/or pocket cards?

A: There is a $25.00 fee for replacement documents. This fee must be received in the form of a cashier's check or money order. You can mail in this fee with a written request, or include the fee with your name change request form.

Q: I changed my name a while ago but my proof of legal presence still shows my previous name. Can I still apply using my proof of legal presence?

A: Yes! You will need to include a copy of the legal document that allowed for your name change (commonly a copy of your marriage license or divorce decree) with your application.

Q: What do I need to submit for my application to be complete?

A: Almost every application packet we have available includes either an instruction page or a check list. Please visit the forms page and choose the application you are interested in for more information.

Q: I want to apply in another state and they told me I need a letter with my license information, how do I get that?

A: You need a license verification. There no fee for this service. Please complete the verification request form or send a written request with your name, type of license, current address and the address where you want the verification sent.